Phase 4: Preparing to Share: Emerging Ideas
I have already selected a topic in phase 0, I have posed questions in phase 1, I found helpful resources in phase 2, and I finally got my information in phase 3. Now in phase 4 where I am going to discuss how I am going to convey my final product.
I looked at some of the projects made by other alumnus and their names were Sabrina C., Hannah H., and Graham S. All their projects are videos and are made with voiceovers. I might do the same, but with some acctual video of me showing how to detect fake coins.
My inquiry project mainly focuses on Microcampus future students doing the same project, SAS students interested in antiques and collectibles and more generally people who are interested in collecting coins and paper money. My thesis is in order to be a successful coin and paper collector in Xi Zhou one must consider identifying fake coins, grading, and pricing each coin. I believe I am going to express my knowledge through a video with a voice over with a portion of me doing the actions. The information supporting my points would be some of the background research I did and the hands on research in Xi Zhou.
- General problems facing beginner antique dealers.
- Topic I researched in Xi Zhou.
- In order to be a successful coin and paper collector in Xi Zhou one must consider identifying fake coins, grading, and pricing each coin.
II. Hook 1: Identifying Fake Coins
- Identifying fake coins is hard and techniques vary.
- One way is to drop it on the ground.
- The second way is to look at the weight.
- For paper money the paper can disintegrate.
III. Hook 2: Grading
- Use the standard grading system.
- Look at the white lines on the out side.
- Look at the words and the objects on the coin and see if they pop out.
IV. Hook 3 : Pricing
- Find it’s weight in silver, copper or gold.
- Check how many coins or paper bills were made.
- Raise the price according to the date created and grade.
- What I learnd from the whole experience
- Altered thesis